NCFE CACHE LEVEL 5 DIPLOMA FOR THE EARLY YEARS SENIOR PRACTITIONER
This qualification is suitable for learners already working in the early years sector in a managerial role, as well as learners that may wish to develop their career or increase understanding through professional development.
The areas covered in this qualification include:
•early years pedagogy
•Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
•play for learning
•the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
•leading and managing
•health, safety and well-being
•roles and responsibilities.
Learners must be 19+ and will need to be working in the role of Leader, Deputy or Manager in an appropriate setting, or have the opportunity to carry out responsibilities associated with these roles to be able to study for the Level 5 Diploma for the Early Years Senior Practitioner.
To gain this qualification, learners must achieve a total of 90 credits from all 18 mandatory units.
- EYSP 1 Manage care routines for children
- EYSP 2 Lead practice in promoting the wellbeing and resilience in children
- EYSP 3 Model positive behaviour in the early years
- EYSP 4 Lead activities, experiences and educational opportunities to promote children’s speech, language and communication
- EYSP 5 Lead children’s early education and development
- EYSP 6 Understand holistic child development from birth to 7 years
- 5 WB Developing children’s emergent literacy skills
- 6 WB Developing children’s emergent mathematical skills
- EYSP 7 Develop and implement policies and procedures to support the safeguarding of children
- EYSP 8 Develop health and safety and risk management policies, procedures and practices in Early Years Settings
- SHC 53 Champion equality, diversity and inclusion
- EYSP 9 Supporting children with Special Educational Needs and Disability in an Early Years Setting
- EYSP 10 Work in partnership in Early Years Settings
- EYSP 11 Lead and manage a team within an Early Years Setting
- LM 502 Develop, maintain and use records and reports
- EYSP 12 Quality provision in Early Years Settings
- SHC 52 Promote professional development
- EYSP 13 Review own knowledge of learning and development for early years practice
Assessment of the qualification
To achieve the NCFE CACHE Level 5 Diploma for the Early Years Senior Practitioner, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the units as detailed in this qualification specification.
All units will be internally assessed using an externally set and internally marked Assessment of Learning. EYSP 2 and EYSP 12 must be assessed using an externally set and internally marked task.
The qualification assesses the knowledge and performance of the learner in the workplace.
To cover the knowledge specification, evidence attached in the portfolio could include questions and answers, case studies, discussions with the assessors, recognition of prior learning and other methods that might be to the advantage of the learner.
To assess the performance of the learner, a work placement is needed so the Assessor can conduct at least two observations for the learner. The learner might need to provide pieces of evidence produced in the workplace.
All the evidence generated by the learner will be assessed against the standards expected of a Level 5 learner for each learning outcome. This qualification has been designed for early years practitioners employed in early years settings. The learning outcomes and assessment requirements intend to increase knowledge and understanding through guided learning and personal research.
Learners can usually complete this qualification within 18 months.
What are the progression opportunities?
It is anticipated that learners will be able to progress within the workforce or to Higher Education in a relevant subject area.
Upon successful completion, learners can work as an Early Years Senior Practitioner within the Early Years Workforce across the private, voluntary and independent sector or progress to Higher Education in a relevant subject area.
Prices including Functional Skills English and Maths Level 2 and Paediatric First Aid
With Functional skills Maths and English level 2
Without functional skills (the qualification as a standalone)
Instalment plan: £50 first payment , and instalments between £50 and £100/ month, you decide.